It’s December, and you know what that means – Sara’s going to turn up out of the blue with a long-overdue blog post!
As you know from my recent (and by ‘recent’ I of course mean ‘from-two-months-ago’; doesn’t everybody?) Versatile Blogger post, I am terrible when it comes to blog awards. And although it’s a bit late and I really don’t deserve it for leaving this so late, I wanted to respond to the little squid’s nomination for the Real Neat Blog Award. Thank you, and I’m sorry it took me three bazillion years to respond (actual count of the time that has elapsed since the nomination).
First off, the rules:
- Thank and link the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the 7 questions that the nomination has provided you.
- Create 7 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers.
And now, my answers:
1. What made you decide to start a blog?
I made this blog while I was working in retail in between studying. Working in retail is soul-crushing and intellect-destroying, and I needed a bit of a creative outlet. Plus I was missing being able to rant and rave about books with my classmates.
2. What is your favourite childhood book?
3. If your life had a soundtrack, which band/musician/composer would you chose?
I don’t know if there’s one band that could encapsulate my personality. Besides, a soundtrack of my life would probably, in all honesty, just be The Mexican Hat Song played over and over again. But not the big-band version; the tinny version that used to come pre-packaged with those old Nokia phones back in the early noughties.
4. Is there a film that, for better or worse, you just can’t get out of your head?
Batman vs. Superman. Mostly because I still can’t believe someone actually thought it would be a good idea to cast Ben Affleck as Batman.
5. Where is your ultimate travel destination?
Failing that, somewhere in Europe.
6. If you could meet any author (living or dead) who would you chose? Why?
Jane Austen. Mostly so that she can put the rumours about her love life to bed once and for all. Also so that she could autograph something for me, because that would be my retirement plan right there.
7. What is your dream hidden talent?
The ability to manipulate computers with my mind, mostly so that I don’t have to pay for Netflix. Also, when they rise up against the human race, I will be immune.
And now, my questions for you:
- If you had to sum yourself up in one image, which image would you use?
- Gratuitous Harry Potter Question: Which Hogwarts subject would you excel in? Arithmancy? Transfiguration? Care of Magical Creatures? Or, if you’ve never read HP, pick a fictional school of your choice: Starfleet Academy, Xavier’s School For Gifted Youngsters, the School of Hard Knocks.
- Which superpower would you most like to have?
- Favourite copy of a book that you own?
- Which fictional universe would you least want to end up in?
- Which universe would you give your left kidney to visit?
- Which book character would you happily donate a kidney to? (I’m not sure why I’m stuck on kidneys. Please pick an organ of your choice if you prefer.)
- Kim @ By Hook or by Book
- Eva @ Coffee, Classics, & Craziness
- Girl With Her Head in a Book
- Ekaterina @ In My Book
- My Book Strings
- Jenny @ The Jane Austen Film Club
- Rissi @ Finding Wonderland
No pressure, you guys. :)